Yeah! Yeah!:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road to Level 99

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)

Road to Level 99

So the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Direct was yesterday. If you watched it yesterday, then you know that the game is packed with things to do, with 74 playable characters, 103 stages, a brand new Adventure Mode that appears to have RPG elements, and a reinvention of the Stickers and Equipment from previous games called Spirits. I knew after watching the Direct, as lackluster as I felt it was, that the game was going to be my big time-sink after it released. And we're only 35 days away at the time of me typing this.

So, why am I typing about it in the Splatoon Community instead of the Smash Community? Because the Direct was pretty much a clear indicator to me that I need to step up on my main goals with Splatoon 2. I have three main goals with the game:

1. Reach Rank S+ in at least one of the Ranked Battle Modes.
    2. Fully max out all Gear, which means all with 3 Sub Slots and fully leveled up.
    3. Reset my Level at least once.

The first two were goals before Splatoon 3 is released (and whenever it's actually announced). With the last goal though I set the boundary to before the end of 2018. However, with Ultimate looking even bigger than I expected it to be, I know as soon as that is released (save for maybe a Splatfest that happens sometime afterward) Splatoon 2 is likely going to be far from thought. So, instead of getting to Level 99 and resetting my Level before the end of the year, I now know I have to do it before December 7. Now, I'm not far, I'm at Level 91 now and need roughly 800,000 XP to reach 99 for the reset, but without boosters that's a minimum of 572 Turf War matches (if I won every match) and a maximum of 1000 Turf War matches (if I lost every match). That's potentially 50 hours of Turf War matches. With boosters, I can accelerate the process, but it's still a lot of time to sink into the game to reach that milestone. I could kill two birds with one stone by playing Ranked Battles to reach Level 99, as a Knockout awards 2500 XP (320 Knockouts needed total) but that's only if it's a Knockout and most Ranked Battle matches, especially in Clam Blitz, end without one. It also doesn't help that if there isn't a Knockout, then Ranked Battle matches are longer than Turf War matches, which is part of the reason why I primarily do Turf War.

I suppose I could do League Battle, but I'm not entirely sure you get XP or Cash from it and I don't have too many friends to participate with. I'll figure out what to do eventually.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    Don't know if I'll be playing anymore tonight. The battery was running low so I have it on charge now. I'm now at Level 93 and I'm halfway to 94. Part of the reason I was able to get so much XP was by getting Freshness Bonuses with a x2.5 booster. I've pretty much exhausted a good chunk of the weapons I've yet to get all of the Freshness Bonuses with so I might have to rely on boosters for the rest of the way. I do intend to give the Kensa Sloshing Machine a shot, but I'm not expecting to get to Superfresh with it. I'd like to think I'm relatively decent with the Splattershot Pro, but it took me forever to get to Superfresh with the Kensa Splattershot Pro.

- - - Updated - - -

i am now at level 94 and I have to say it now: I am in love with the Fizzy Bomb Sub Weapon. In fact, using the Kensa Sloshing Machine makes me regret not using other varients earlier. Granted, part of the reason why I'm doing well with this kit is in part due to the Fizzy Bomb and Splashdown, but I might have to look at the other kits to see if they're worth using.

I might not be able to play anymore tonight, but not because of the battery. When the next rotation started, it told me that I needed to update to the latest firmware. Problem is, 4.2 isn't releasing until tomorrow night and nothing is currently available for me to download. Looks like someone at Nintendo messed up. I wonder if it'll be fixed before the update tomorrow.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    I'm now at Level 96. Just 3 Levels to go. While I don't have anything particularly big planned, I'm not entirely sure how much I'll be playing tomorrow. If a Splatfest is announced this Friday for next week, I might slow down my progress. I find that my enthusiasm toward leveling up increases during Splatfest. Still, it's only 3 Levels so I suppose anything can happen between now and Super Smash Bros Ultimate's release.

On a side note, the progress, however slowed down it will get, will definitely need to speed up a bit (I know that sentence doesn't make sense). Nintendo have announced that November 30, Kirby Star Allies will get possibly it's last batch of Dream Friends and post-release content. Star Allies is relatively mediocre for a Kirby game, but as a longtime fan of the series I feel a bit obligated to at least top it off after the last update releases. I know full well I won't be touching it after Ultimate launches.

- - - Updated - - -

level 97. Just 2 left to get. I actually almost called it quits today, though. I had a match where a teammate dropped partway through. Now, the game is programmed to where if a teammate drops midmatch, the team s/he was a part of are not penalized for losing. Despite that programming, I was penalized and lost Freshness that I was using to get large amounts of XP. That's how I've been Levelling Up so fast is by getting Freshness Bonuses with x2.5 Boosters. It's been helping, but I swear when I'm just one win away from getting the Bonus, something happens that sets me back...like what happened earlier.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    With the Splatfest scheduled for next Friday, my progress slowed down a bit. I'm close to getting to Level 98 and I definitely will tomorrow, but I'm not as aggressive with getting there as I was earlier. I'm actually convinced I'll reach Level 99 before the Splatfest begins, if only because I'm Leveling up the Splatfest Tee in order to get more Ability Chunks.

Looking through the Gear I customized, I'm considering condensing the number of full sets I use. When I originally started creating Gear to help toward Online Battles, I initially had the idea of having multiple different Gear that I could interchange between depending on my opponents and what Weapon Kit I'm using. I wound up making a number of different sets over time, one set in particular I haven't used since I made it. I need to look through my Gear and work toward making interchangeable parts. Not now, of course, there's a Splatfest on the way and I'm working toward a Level reset. Of course, Super Smash Bros Ultimate is also coming in less than a month, so it might be a long while before I get around to doing that.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    Reached Level 99 tonight and my Level has been reset. I'm not entirely convinced I am going to work my way all the way back to Level 99. Now that I've reset my Level, I'm going to make alternative Gear to make my interchangeable Gear sets. Either way, once Ultimate launches next month, I'll be taking a break from Splatoon 2. Here's hoping that the December update is sizable enough to where the updates end with a bang.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    I've finished making my interchangeable Gear selection. I'm going to wait until the December update before I start fully upgrading and Levelling Up my Gear. The reason being that there is a possibility that new Gear could be introduced in it (good grief, I hope not). I'm not convinced I will start working on that when the update releases, Super Smash Bros Ultimate launches on the 7th and I expect the update to launch around that time, but it is one of my goals with the game before Splatoon 3 releases.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,088 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I’m not sure if you’re insane, dedicated, or both.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    It's what I did for the first game. THe only thing is Splatoon 2 has a LOT more Gear to fully Level Up and you can no longer use Cash to increase the number of Ability Slots on Gear. It's probably dedication, though there's likely to be a bit of insanity under it all.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,088 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I suppose the question I have is why. I enjoy Splatoon 2, but not enough to reach max level and max out all of the gear.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    It's primarily for completion purposes.