Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road to Level 99

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,266 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Neat: I appreciate it when games recognizes accomplishments, even if it’s something small like an icon.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,386 (0 Banked)
    Did a count of how much Gear is currently in the game. It's astounding actually.

143 Headgear
    243 Shirts
    151 Shoes

This counts amiibo and promotional Gear released outside of Japan, but none of the Gear that has remained Japan exclusive or the Splatfest Tee. More Gear is likely going to come through Salmon Run. Once Salmon Run stops giving out new Gear and if Nintendo finally brings the remaining promotional Gear over, I'll update the number.

Oh, and there's 127 Weapon Kits. This counts the Hero variants and Octoshot Replica.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,266 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    That is pretty incredible. To go just a bit off topic, it would have neat if you could import gear your character was wearing in splatoon 2 over to smash ultimate, even if it would have taken a ton of extra work from the developers.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,386 (0 Banked)
    No kidding. I'd import that outfit my character is wearing in that pic over to Ultimate in a heartbeat. I'd swap the Splatfest Tee with the Black V-Neck Tee or Octo Tee, but I'd love to basically have my character from Splatoon 2 in Smash.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting: I did some research and the 7-Eleven Gear, which were four Shirts exclusive through 7-Eleven in Japan, actually have a time frame on when they'll be offered through My Nintendo. They're supposed to appear after 2018, so if true could be as early as January. No word if it'll be available on My Nintendo outside of Japan or if the remaining promotional Gear, the Emperor and Spy Gear, will also see release on My Nintendo.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,386 (0 Banked)
    I'm debating if I actually want to fully Level Up all Gear. I intend to get enough Sea Snails to do so, but to fully level everything up is a lot more daunting than the first game due to there being more than double the Gear. However, all goals for Splatoon 2 are on hold starting tomorrow: I've been waiting to play Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition since it was announced at E3, and I want to enjoy it with as few distractions as possible.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,386 (0 Banked)
    Fully upgraded all Shirts and did some math: I need 157 Sea Snails to fully upgrade all Gear, but I currently only have 128 after upgrading all of the Shirts. This means I'm short 29 Sea Snails. Since I get a minimum of 21 Sea Snails each Splatfest, I should have every Gear upgraded before Splatfests end this Summer, if not sometime in March. Tales of Vesperia is the priority though and the only reason I'm not playing it now is because my Dualshock 4 controller is charging.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,266 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Why not charge it while you’re playing the game? I’m not sure what your set up is, but I find the charging cable long enough that I can sit on the couch pretty comfortably and still play my PS4.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,386 (0 Banked)
    Due to the setup of my room, for me to play my Playstation 4 while the controller is charging I have to be sitting in a chair hunched over while looking up at my television. That is not comfortable in the slightest and I don't have a lot of space to easily move things around. Even if I box up my Xbox 360 like I said in my Tales of Vesperia Topic I wouldn't be able to shift anything around too much.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,386 (0 Banked)
    I miscounted how many Sea Snails I needed to fully upgrade all Gear. I need 30 to finish upgrading all of the Shoes. Considering I'm currently playing through Tales of Vesperia with Kingdom Hearts III coming later this month, it likely won't be until the next Splatfest, likely in February, that I'l start working toward getting them.