Yeah! Yeah!:  10
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Co-op Challenge

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)

Tennis Co-op Challenge

I'll be jumping online in Mario Tennis Aces tomorrow night to attempt unlocking the other visors for Boo. I had a couple of tries tonight and managed to get his Cyan Visor and at the very least I want to get his Green Visor. If anyone wants to join me tomorrow you're welcome to. So long as I don't get into any distractions, I plan on starting at around 8 PM Central Time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Paladin

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,075 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I need to play more of that mode. Haven't quite got used to the Joy-Con motions yet.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    I had fun, but I won't lie I was actually annoyed when I saw that the mode was only available in Swing Mode. I suppose if you could use standard controls the mode would be too easy, but Power Tennis on Gamecube had similar minigames and they could be pretty challenging.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I don’t think it would make it too easy. If anything, it would make the mode just a lot more enjoyable. I did a few times last week, and I just ended up mindlessly swinging the Joy-con.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    I spent the last couple of hours getting the Purple Visor. The Swing Mode is neat, but there are times I swear it doesn't work. Sometimes it'll swing differently than I intended or wished, sometimes it won't charge my swing, and it's really finicky on how to lob the shot, making hitting the airborne Boos a nightmare. I really hope Nintendo will consider allowing us to use traditional controls in future Co-op Challenges, as I'd rather have precision than authentication.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Traditional controls might persuade to actually do the co-op challenges beyond the first reward.

Paladin

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,075 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    Now I'm curious if there will be a way we can still get the bonus outfits if we don't earn them all before the event expires. This post reminded me I needed to get back to playing it as it ends at 8pm ET tomorrow. But it's alright as I now have all three of them.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Well, probably not. As far as I'm aware, there isn't anyway to unlock Mario's Classic Outfit unless you participated in the Tournament Demo that launched about a month before the game did. Unless Nintendo intends to offer additional opportunities to acquire these, it's unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Note to self: during the next Co-op Challenge, do not attempt to get all of the rewards in one go. My right forearm was sore throughout the day and is currently still in pain, presumably due to how much I was swinging the Joy-Con last night.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Sort of on topic of online stuff, I’m a little disappointed with how they handled unlocking characters. Playing one match in the monthly tournament will get you that month’s character. I would have preferred if it was like the demo where acquiring so many points would unlock the character: at least it would give you incentive to do them. If I want to play online, I’d much rather do just single matches.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Pauline, Luma, and Boom Boom have been confirmed to be 2019's first 3 new characters. Unless I'm missing a game, this is Pauline's very first appearance as a playable character. She's going to get in Mario Kart next. Just watch.