Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tennis Co-op Challenge

Elder

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    990 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I'd normally just play online tournaments to get that month's character (I still have yet to win one), but they really want to keep us playing since they added costumes. Did either of you get both classic Mario and Luigi outfits last month? For February Toad has one you can acquire by earning 2,000 participation points.

- - - Updated - - -

And as luck would have it I finally got my first tournament win, in the same one I unlocked Boom Boom in. I'm feeling proud of myself right now. I won the semifinal after one game; I got a connection error afterwards. Wonder if my opponent gave up here...

When I learned that Boo Hunt was coming back I thought the visor colors would be the same as last time, but nope. I'll also be taking my time earning all three; I'm not too big a fan of swing mode. Guess they may also bring back Yoshi's Ring Shot with more colors for him next?
    Last edited by Justin86; 02-04-2019 at 07:50 PM.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,195 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I never did snag Luigi’s: I kind of hope the costumes become available for everyone at a later date.
    Last edited by Bubbachuck; 02-12-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Elder

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    990 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I just finished obtaining the third visor. My performance with swing mode, if I'm to be honest, was slightly worse than last time. The buttons are my preferred method of playing this game, so I don't know if I want Boo Hunt coming back a third time.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,307 (0 Banked)
    Did a couple of rounds of Boo Hunt a moment ago and it looks like they've made a welcome change: if there aren't enough players for it they will substitute CPU players in their spots. I don't remember this being an option the last time one of these Co-op Challenges were active so it's a nice addition if you're doing it late into the period of time it's available. I'll probably play more later in order to get halfway to the 20,000 Coin goal and get the rest later. I would stretch it out more, but The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince comes out Tuesday, and I'm pretty intrigued at that title.

- - - Updated - - -

I had an instance tonight that does a pretty good job explaining why I typically shy away from online games as well as voice chat. I was playing Boo Hunt and I saw that one pair of players actually set up the Nintendo app. I decided to boot up my iPad and talk with them. Although I can hear them cussing over the app, we can't really communicate much because of the nature of the minigame. When it was over, which ended in failure, one of the players that set up the app remarked "Aeon, that's all you got?" Keep in mind, my score was better than both of theirs. I remarked I didn't do too badly and admittedly I could've done better. The response was that I got cussed out and then he and his partner disbanded the room. It's instances like this I'm glad voice chat is not the standard for Splatoon and it's sort of the main reason why I moved away from online games outside of Splatoon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,195 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    And that's also where the stereotypes of 12 year olds screaming at you in Call of Duty came from. I stay far away from any voice chat in online games.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,307 (0 Banked)
    This was a grown man, or at the very least a teenager. It's because I got a lot of these really toxic individuals while playing Street Fighter IV why I don't typically like Voice Chat. I don't mind setting it up whenever I set up a Battle Arena in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, but that's primarily because the only ones allowed in my Arenas are from MV Haven and I trust most of the people on here to keep things clean and sporty.

In other news, is it sad that I most enjoy this game when I'm teamed up with CPUs? Not to say that I think all of the human players I've run into are bad and I think I've finally gotten the hang of Swing Mode (I can actually consistently hit the airborne Boos when the field gets dark to shine a light on the approaching Boos), but it wasn't until I got a full team of CPUs that I finally cleared the mission since it opened up again.

Elder

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    990 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I really don't care that the Switch has no native voice chat on it. I'd rather not be subjected to profanity whenever people I'm playing with are not doing well. They can just play Paladins or Fortnite as games like those will support the feature.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,307 (0 Banked)
    Just got the last costume. Just when I feel like I've figured out how Swing Mode works it suddenly decides to change how it wants to work. I don't envy this mode that much.