Thanks Thanks:  0
Yeah! Yeah!:  16
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Version 4.0

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    There are 50 different Main Weapons. Each of those Main Weapons has two kits. There are also 10 Single-Player kits that are essentially skins of other kits. Lastly, there are 17 kits in the Kensa Collection.

And as I feared, instead of introducing new Gear to feature Main Power Up, the developers instead swapped the default Main Ability of a handful of Gear that already exist to it. So far, it seems to only be Gear that had either Cold-Blooded or Bomb Defense Up, so hopefully it's restricted to those pieces of Gear. I'll find out once LeanYoshi updates his github page.

- - - Updated - - -

LeanYoshi has detailed what Main Power Up does for every weapon, and just like how Sub Power Up is Bomb Throw Up for many Subs and Special Power Up is Special Duration Up for many Specials, Main Power Up, for around half of the kits, is essentially Damage Up. There are a couple of weapons that have increased range, the Brellas either get increased Canopy recovery or Canopy durability, some Shooters and Blasters get increased accuracy while jumping, others have increased ink coverage, and a handful of the Splatlings can fire longer on a single charge. It's an interesting Ability so far, but I've yet to find a piece of Gear with it that I want to use. I've already made a list of the Gear that got the new Ability as default. Hopefully it won't take me until Splatfests are over in July to get them all. One of the Gear that has Main Power Up is the Sage Polo...which took me forever to find when it became available in Version 2.0.
    Last edited by SuperUmberto; 12-05-2018 at 01:42 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    I had four pieces of Gear to find until Tales of Vesperia releases next month. I found two pieces on players in Inkopolis Square and ordered both. My first match online to find the rest produced the third piece, and my last match online before going to work produced the final piece. Because I have 3 Gear already on Special Order, so I actually had to stop playing in order to keep the player in the hub area until I can order it. I was going to play up until FrostyFest was over, but since I have the Gear ready to be picked up, I'll continue working toward the last Challenge in Ultimate. I'm starting to enjoy playing Isabelle anyways.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    I'm actually curious on when Splatoon 3 will start development, as the team behind the series is also the same team behind Animal Crossing. With the team currently focused on Animal Crossing for Switch, I kind of doubt we'll see anything of it until that game is released, and that's only if it won't receive additional updates post-release which it likely will.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    Despite stating that December would be the last set of weapons, it's been confirmed that 10 of the Sheldon's Picks weapons from the original game will be added in a future update in Splatoon 2. While there's no word on what will be in their kits, I'm happy to hear that at least some of the 17 Sheldon's Picks weapons are coming to Splatoon 2. I'm hoping that the kits will mix and match the new Sub and Special Weapons added in Version 4.0.

- - - Updated - - -

And, it's been confirmed that more content is planned afterward. No word on what it is but in all likelihood it'll be released before Splatfests end in Summer.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,373 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    So decided to randomly play some Splatoon 2 this morning, and I forgot how fun it was. I definitely won’t log in as many hours as you, but I think I may start playing it more regularly again.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    I think it speaks highly for the series if it can get players that are fans of neither shooters or online-focused multiplayer games to play it consistently. I'm not a fan of either and likely never will be, and yet Splatoon 2 is still one of my most played games over the past couple of years. I do wonder how often I'll play after I get all of my Gear fully upgraded though. I do want to get back to Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition eventually.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,373 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Same: aside from Splatoon 2, the only online multiplayer focused multiplayer shooter I really like is Paladins.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    I've played a couple of shooters before Splatoon, but the only game that I really got into was Time Splitters 2 (which really needs an HD Remaster with online play). My interest in online multiplayer games sort of dwindled after my experience with Street Fighter IV online. That deserves a Topic all it's own and definitely not in the Splatoon Community.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,373 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I’ve definitely heard things about the timesplitter games. You know, I think THQ Nordic recently acquired the rights to timesplitter, and they have been resurrecting old properties as of late with ports, so you may get your timesplitters 2 remake yet.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    A new Splatfest has been announced for next Friday: Knights vs. Wizards. What makes this Splatfest interesting is that if you wear the Headgear and Shoes from the Octoling amiibo that matches side you picked, you'll wear the Clothes tied to the Gear. It's only an aesthetic change as you're still wearing a Splatfest Tee, but it's a nice touch.

In other news, Version 4.5.0 is scheduled to be released Sunday. Nothing new in terms of content, but it is a balance patch and they will likely add new Salmon Gear to the update for future months as well as support for the Sheldon's Picks that were announced earlier this year. I wonder what dataminers will dig up after it releases.