Thanks Thanks:  0
Yeah! Yeah!:  16
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Version 4.0

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    The version of Shifty Station used for Springfest is both one of my favorite and one of the hardest to advocate it's return. The concept of the map where you rotate in order to cover and seal off parts of it actually encourages players to be aggressive. If you spend too much time covering your own turf before going for the center, then the opposing team will have already claimed it and sealed off most of the rotating turf. I like the concept, but something tells me that a map that features turf that after a certain point cannot be inked won't sit well with players, and I'm not about to go onto Gamefaqs to see everyone's impressions of the map.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I never caught onto that mechanic, just that it seemed rather small.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Hopefully my teammates learned a valuable lesson about this map: just because your team has covered most of the sealed off turf does not guarantee you win. I actually had a couple of instances where we had most of the sealed turf covered but my team got lax and allowed most of our base area to be covered. Oh well.

I managed to make it to Hare King without too much trouble. However, I swear that for the past few Splatfests I've had the rotten luck of where as soon as I reach Champion, I now have the most difficult time winning matches.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Team Hare won. For reference, this is the first Splatfest I've won since the Trick vs. Treat Splatfest back in October and the first Splatfest Pearl has won since the Salsa vs. Guacamole Splatfest back in November. I don't need the Sea Snails anymore, but being able to win after losing five straight Splatfests is a pretty good feeling.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Definitely feels pretty nice to win: I got up to Hare champion.