Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Version 4.0

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    That’s definitely a neat touch: if only they’d let us keep the splatfest tee as a memento.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    That's something I've been calling for since the first game and in this game it's even more disappointing considering the Main Ability for the Splatfest Tee, Ability Doubler, is exclusive to it. Either way, I just finished optimizing the Steel Helm and Steel Greaves for the Splatfest, even though I know I won't be using them after the Splatfest.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    For the first time ever, I used a Booster to put specific Abilities on my Splatfest Tee. When I finished setting up the Steel Helm and Steel Greaves with the Abilities I needed, I realized I forgot a crucial Ability. I decided to take advantage of the Splatfest Tee's Ability Doubler and after rolling it twice I now feel confident in my build. It's worked pretty well in the matches I've played with it so far, so I should be good. After this Splatfest, I will have all of the Sea Snails I need to fully upgrade the rest of my Gear.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I just realized I lost the last 4 Splatfests. I don't really care if I win or not, but I would still feel pretty good if Team Knight won this time.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    So...is there a reason why the stage introduction has flowers, candy, and eggs in the style of graffiti for this Splatfest? I'm convinced this was meant to be part of an Easter-themed Splatfest, as it means little in a Splatfest based on medieval titles.

Speaking of the Knight vs. Wizard Splatfest, this is the fastest I have ever reached King. The main reason is how the Splatfest encouraged players to use the amiibo Gear that lined up with their team. The first couple of matches we had the title of Knights of Steel and this awarded a Synergy Bonus of x2.0, doubling the amount of Clout and Rank Points we earned. I was Knight Defender after two matches and Knight King within the Splatfest's first Stage Rotation. I know that this is a one-time occurrence, but a part of me kind of wishes this was the norm considering the first Rotation ends at 1 in the morning for me and I almost always have to work the next day.

I am not convinced, however, that Team Knight won this Splatfest. I got a lot of teammates last night that didn't seem to know what they were doing and the last match I had was a loss in a x10 Battle due to one of my teammates dropping before the final minute. That said, I've had runs where it looks like my Team did really well and we still lost, so maybe it's just me and the rest of Team Knight picked up the slack. I'm not holding my breath on it though and even if we don't win I now have the remaining Sea Snails I need to finish upgrading the rest of my Gear.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Well, Version 4.6.0 releases on Tuesday. In addition to the original 10 Sheldon's Picks from the original game, there will two new additions based on the Dapple Dualies and Tenta Brella. Curiously, Nintendo stated that these are the last weapons to be added to the game, not the last update. Of course, they could mean this as last update, but we'll have to wait and see. They're also adding a new Badge system. By using a weapon constantly, it will eventually get a Bronze badge added to it and it will eventually turn Silver and then Gold as you use it based on the amount of Turf you inked with it. As far as I'm aware, it's similar to the Gold Flag in that's it's primarily a cosmetic addition to show which weapons you use the most.

The next Splatfest has also been announced, titled Springfest. This is based on the classic tale of the Tortoise and the Hare and you pick which side you think would win in a race. I'm torn on which side I'd pick. On one hand, the Tortoise won that race. On the other, in real life the Hare would. To commemorate Springfest, 12 pieces of Gear will be made available through the Switch's New Channel. Consisting of 4 pieces of Headgear and 8 pairs of Shoes, they are colored based on Spring colors with the Shoes being designed by Off the Hook.

It strikes me as funny that we got news on future content for Splatoon 2 during the tournament at PAX East, which likely doesn't have much left after this (unless they announce a DLC expansion like the Octo Expansion), but not Super Smash Bros Ultimate, which is confirmed to be getting content updates and at least 5 DLC characters in the future.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    And potentially new modes. I know people enjoy Splatoon, but it never gets the hype that smash gets.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Considering Splatoon 2 is my most played game on the Switch, I'm actually glad about the continued support. That said, this was Smash Bros' opportunity to announce content. Splatoon content is usually announced on their tumblr and Twitter pages, so announcing things at PAX East wasn't really necessary.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Really was a big missed opportunity.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Leanyoshi has datamined Version 4.6.0 and discovered there wasn't any additional Salmon Run Gear added. Could we finally get the remainder of the Octoleet Gear that's been in the code since Version 2.0? I hope so.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    Oh swell. Nintendo just updated the Nintendo Switch Online App and has rendered the app incompatible with my device. This means if I wish to use the app in the future, I'll have to get a new device that supports the required Android version required. And I don't know the first thing about transferring data between them. Thanks Nintendo.