Thanks Thanks:  3
Yeah! Yeah!:  12

Thread: MV Haven 1st anniversary

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,000,000,000,581 (9,999,999,999 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag

MV Haven 1st anniversary

August 31st marks 1 year of MV Haven!

In commemoration of this I have reopened the forums to registration and also restored the original vb5 forums which can be accessed here and also via the "vb5 Forums" link in the above navbar. On vb5 is a navbar "vb4 Forums" link back to here.

An e-mail has been sent summoning the members who were unable to register here on vb4 so they can access their vb5 accounts as they wish. I composed the e-mail at about 4:30am local time today (which is just asking for something to go wrong) and so people who should have been exempted from it may or may not still receive an e-mail. Sorry about that if that's the case but rest assured it'd mean I'll get one as well. In my defense though, I did leave a 24 hour notice here giving instructions on how to opt out of receiving admin e-mails! It was imperative though that I allow plenty of time for slow sending as my initial tests were rather slow to arrive.

Anyway, from here on you can use whichever community you want, or both.

Finally, as this action is against what I initially seemed to state, I'll give an account of that:

In my recent question thread i stated "i'm going to officially stay closed at this time". time was not specified and "officially" was italicised to imply that unofficially i'd do whatever. actually i had every intention of staying closed, just typing it like that to cover any plan change. on reflection i thought this would be the best anniversary surprise. this all goes against my better judgement that says "stay closed and safe", but this way is more fun and i'd rather go out with a bang.

anyone having login troubles:

check here for firefox instructions (even if you aren't using firefox you might learn something).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Goose on the Loose

Status
    Rupees
    139 (900 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    Wow, this is awesome! I'm gonna use both forums, just because.
    If the forums get bad users, I understand if you close again, but! This is pretty sweet! I'm thinking things are gonna start rolling.

Thank you for continuing what miiverse did for me, and making it better!
    The Donut Holes: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvFq7aRtFDS0lrFJ3FO-WfA
    Ridiculously, Crazy Goose.

Mage

Status
    Rupees
    1,000,212 (1,006 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    happy anniversary mv haven!

congratulations on the 1st anniversary, King. Well done and thank you for creating this. Also, thank you for allowing access to the other forum.

Warrior

Status
    Rupees
    241,089 (31 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & ShadowBold UsertitleUnderlined UsertitleShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleItalic UsertitleGlowing UsernameItalic UsernameTheft ImmunityColoured Post Style
    Users Country Flag
    The forum's one year old! Woo!
    In this world, there is too much chocolate... eh, who am I kidding?

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    Login trouble; the following info added to the first post:

Anyone having login troubles:

clicking on either the mv haven logo in the top-left, the forum links in the navbar or the forum links on the website homepage should direct you correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

the website homepage has been updated with:
    • a news entry covering the reopening of registrations on both vb4 and vb5.
    • Links to BOTH vb4 and vb5 communities.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Users Country Flag
    You may have noticed that the vbulletin 5 forums have been taken down as it was plain that the remaining userbase is more comfortable on here now. The vb5 forums had been left up just over a month to see which people prefer to use given the choice and the results are pretty decisive. The turnout to the mass e-mail was also very poor, and that's fine. The main thing for me is that I gave the choice and made people aware, also giving them the opportunity to post on vb5 of any problems registering on vb4. No one did, and no one registered on vb5. A couple of "lost members" gave a quick look and disappeared back into the shadows.

The vb5 forums had clear notice that they'd be taken down on October 1st, and they'd previously been opened a while ago on an "archive" basis in order for people to grab what they need from there. So I trust all who had material on there that they want to keep have sorted all that out.

I know a few people prefer vb5 but even they weren't using it while it was up really, certainly not to the extent where I'd deem it worth maintaining dual boards.

This was all covered in a recent website announcement but this thread would look a bit weird without the update being reiterated here.

Personally I was curious to see if the latest vb5 updates fixed/added/changed anything but I didn't see much interesting on that note either.

Goose on the Loose

Status
    Rupees
    139 (900 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    Yeah it was pretty disappointing seeing the turnout on the vb5 community was very small and it got inactive very fast, but it's okay.
    And also I agree they didn't really add anything exciting to vb5, I'm used to this board now and it actually has some pretty cool features that were dropped.

edit:
    I don't see why they would get rid of the shop and the arcade features, I think they add a lot of character to the forum.
    thanks for keeping this one running, if our youtube channel gets more subscribers and views I will see with my sister if we can mention this site as a place of contact.

have a nice day.

The Goose, signing off for now. A-honk!
    Last edited by Crazy Goose; 10-04-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Missing information
    The Donut Holes: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvFq7aRtFDS0lrFJ3FO-WfA
    Ridiculously, Crazy Goose.