Yeah! Yeah!:  265
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Vesperia

Banned

Status
    Rupees
    269 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    King, nice job on beating the Don and making good progress on Unknown difficulty. I got my revenge on him in the Labyrinth of Memories. I have two questions though, that'll take you way back when you played Tales of Vesperia for the first time. One, did you manage to beat Spiral Draco on your own (not looking up or talking with friends about strategies)? And second, it's because of that trick you used in order to beat him very easily in the Definitive Edition, you figured that out on your own or by talking with others? Just out of curiosity/interest, because you're a veteran of the series.
    Last edited by PAOMario; 02-10-2019 at 01:43 PM.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,000,000,000,859 (9,999,999,999 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    Back on Xbox/PS3 I didn't discuss strategies at all as far as I can remember. I've been on GameFAQs since 2006 so I did read things. Damage multiplication is commonly known among Vesperia veterans though. There are a bunch of skills that show that effect in the description, the only discovery really is how to magnify that by missing the combo prior to the mystic arte.

On PS3 I didn't use that method on Spiral Draco and had a much harder time of it.

Banned

Status
    Rupees
    269 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    So, you managed to beat Spiral Draco mostly on your own, making your strategy, despite reading some things that probably didn't have an effect in your plan. And figuring out damage multiplication by reading skills descriptions is quite impressive! Well done! I just wanted to confirm that you didn't look up for help on a very difficult boss fight. As for the case of looking up the damage multiplication trick (if you looked it up), it would've been fine to use it in future playthroughs (or remasters) of the game, AFTER you managed to beat the boss on your own. Great job!

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched your first battle with Duke. It was awesome! However, can you tell me how did you land an extra hit on him after using your Mystic Arte?

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    His Secret Mission is to finish him (2nd form) with a mystic arte, so for that one instance you automatically get that extra attack in the event of succeeding.

Banned

Status
    Rupees
    269 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I see. That finish was epic!

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,469 (0 Banked)
    It's kind of interesting how this Topic evolved. It started with me mentioning a possible re-release of the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia. Eventually, it became the main Topic for discussing the game and related material such as the First Strike movie.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Users Country Flag
    As far as I'm concerned the topic is free to "evolve" as long as it overall remains about Tales of Vesperia and is relevant to Nintendo audience. Anything within that is under your own jurisdiction as the topic creator. I could have judged the topic meandering off its original point but I'd have wanted a Tales of Vesperia thread anyway so we might as well have it in one thread.

Arrived at Mt Temza so about half way through the story. At some point I intend to do the "Brutal exploit" for crazy EXP etc but not for a while as the run's not hard enough to merit it yet. One issue I have (and have always had) is the poor execution of the artes sphere. Being able to set up to 16 arte shortcuts is great (especially for Patty who I have the most combos/artes set up for) but the R-stick artes don't execute the same way as the L-stick artes, they require a tap. I can work with it, it's just bad consistency.

Hylian Miiverser

Status
    Rupees
    311 (0 Banked)
    The spirits have been awakened. I got enough SP with Yuri to feel comfortable with a setup taking advantage of the Tension skills, etc., so I’ve just been having fun with being in Overdrive all the time. =P I also fought the new Patty-related boss; it was an interesting addition to the story. It’s just a shame that outside her story arc the most she contributes is through various ocean-related similes. =P

Right now I’m cleaning up some loose ends a bit before heading to Aurnion. Taking on Giganto monsters...
    Last edited by Nintendoer; 02-11-2019 at 10:56 PM.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Users Country Flag
    There is a bit more to Patty's story explaining her guise but it's through an entry in Estelle's book in her room and an unvoiced event right after the 2nd boss in the Necropolis. What I found quite confusing is her conversation with the Don earlier in the game which seems to be contradictory:

The Don refers to Aifread as a "he" multiple times. As his sworn ally he would have known Aifread is female (Patty herself prior to her de-aging; her true age is comparable with the Don if not even older). The explanation that people assumed Seifer to be Aifread doesn't work on the Don who called Patty the "spitting image" of Aifread.

This problem has to do with Japanese not having clear gender pronouns so it's a translation issue. Practically though, not having this issue would result in too great a hint about Patty's secret.

Banned

Status
    Rupees
    269 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    Hi, guys! I see you're going strong with your playthroughs. Good job! Can you specify something that I didn't understand much?

It was Patty or Seifer that committed the massacre? First, Patty is Aifread and word is that she did it (although people assume that Aifread's male) and second, in her conversation with Seifer, she or Seifer mentioned that he did it, in order to protect her or something like that.