Yeah! Yeah!:  144
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Tales of Vesperia

Moving On Up

Status
    Rupees
    112 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll see what I can do.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, can someone tell me why it doesn't get dark in the Sands of Kogorh? I need the materials form the Ice Bats to synthesize Limit Trio.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,185 (0 Banked)
    The Sand of Kogorh only rapidly change between day and night during your initial run through it. After that, the time of day will remain so long as you're in the area. The only way to make it night again is to ride Ba'ul in and out of the Dessier continent until you arrive in the area at night, but I believe you will only be able to do that near the end of the game. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaking of the Sands of Kogorh, I think the Flame Bats are bugged. During my run through the desert, they were flying higher than other bats in the game and when knocked down, they actually layed in the air. Has anyone else seen that or is it just me?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Moving On Up

Status
    Rupees
    112 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    SuperUmberto, thanks! Truth is, I don't care that much about upgrading my Over Limit, despite the big damage it can inflict. I usually wait for the bar to get full the first time and then I use it.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,185 (0 Banked)
    Level will come in handy later. After characters obtain their Special Skills, a Level 3 Overlimit or higher is required to use a character's Mystic Arte. Although Karol has the earliest opportunity to get his Special Skill, most will get Yuri's first and you're about to get it. Mystic Artes aren't mandatory to clear the game unless you're going after the last Secret Mission, but they can help in a rough spot. If you're able to make the Limit Trio, then getting it wouldn't hurt.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Moving On Up

Status
    Rupees
    112 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    If level 3 is required for the Mystic Artes, I'll have to synthesize it soon/after a while. Though, it's good to hear that it isn't mandatory to beat the game, but I plan to do the extra dungeons and the coliseum, so it'll come in handy, I guess.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,000,000,000,670 (9,999,999,999 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    The sword Duke gives you in Bastion has Yuri’s special skill for his mystic arte.

Once you have LV4 overdrive you can choose what level to do by the d-pad direction. Left=1/down=2/left=3/up=4. So for a mystic arte you need to press left or up. LV4 is required for their 2nd mystic artes which you can get much later.

Even without mystic artes though, overdrive is required for burst artes.

Tents are another way to change the time but neither trick works until later in the game.

Moving On Up

Status
    Rupees
    112 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    King, thanks for telling me a little more on Mystic Artes. As for Burst Artes, I already use them. It's a little shame that we can't change the time until later, but oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Raven was captain Schwann! And I was moved by the following scene, where he saved Yuri and friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, I'm stuck in the Heracles. Can't figure out where to find the other blastia switches. I destroyed the first and second from the right. That's why I don't like puzzles, that much. As for the Heracles, I discovered it, randomly. I thought that they went to Zaphias. I decided to uncover the map and I just happened upon it. Please don't say anything. I want to find out myself.
    Last edited by King-X; Today at 03:39 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag.