Yeah! Yeah!:  157
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Vesperia

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Vesperia of Namco's long-running Tales series turns 10 this year. It is widely regarded as one of the finest entries in the Tales series and, admittedly, is my favorite game in the series and one of my favorite games of all time. The game originally released for the Xbox 360 before getting an enhance PS3 Port that was never localized. Recently, a website for a Remastered version of Tales of Vesperia went up recently that's currently password protected. It's unknown what platforms it'll come to (Namco were supposed to release a Tales game on Switch in fiscal year 2017) or if it'll be localized, but the knowledge that one of my favorite Tales games is getting remastered is definitely appealing to me. The question remains: will they announce it at E3? The reason I ask is because the following week is Tales of Festival 2018, an annual event by Namco to celebrate and make announcements for the series.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Brotherhood of Moosh

Status
    Rupees
    100,423 (0 Banked)
    They only Tales I played is Symphonia on the GCN. I really enjoyed it but wasn't able to finish it. They have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3 I thought about picking up. Or I need to play more Tales games. I have been itching for a good RPG lately

Elder

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    900 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I do hope we learn something about whatever Tales game is being made on the Switch soon. I'd happily take either a new game or a port of Berseria or Vesperia. I won't have high expectations with this Tales of Festival stream, especially if they focus on their mobile tiles again.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,000,000,000,696 (9,999,999,999 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    Tales of Vesperia was absolutely fantastic! I played both the 360 version (the only way to play it in English) and the enhanced Japanese PS3 version. I've been wanting a localisation of that version since the Japanese release as it has a LOT of extra content! Any trolling such as Japanese release only or something would be unacceptable.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    Well, according to Gematsu's sources Namco is supposed to announce the remaster at E3. If true, always take these with salt, then it's more a matter of what platform it'll come to. The only platform I don't own is the Xbox ONE and just about every game since the HD release of Symphonia has been released on PC.

I have a question King-X, since you've played the PS3 version. Is there additional main story details in the PS3 version that aren't in the 360 version? As in, main story that clarify or add more details to the overall narrative?

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    Technically yes because Patty Fleur is in the party now so she's written into the story. As a pirate the ghost ship episode makes a new level of sense now, for instance.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    But the rest of the story is largely the same outside of Flynn joining for certain parts?
    Last edited by SuperUmberto; 06-07-2018 at 03:27 AM.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    Users Country Flag
    There are new cutscenes, edited cutscenes (to fit in Patty), a lot of new skits and some edited skits (to fit in Patty). But yeah, pretty much the same story.

And might I say a properly developed Patty is totally broken in battle! She can solo the hardest super-boss on the hardest difficulty no problem and hardly take any damage. And thanks to her lottery style Mystic Arte system she has by far the most Mystic Artes.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,198 (0 Banked)
    Admittedly, there was one plot point I wanted to see some better closure on. I suppose they wanted to leave it up to the player's imagination.

For reference, I was hoping Dedechi would be given some better closure. He steals the Aque Blastia Core at the beginning of the game by guising himself Mordio, but after Yuri gets the Core back Dedechi is never mentioned again, despite Yuri's statement that he wanted to give him a piece of his mind. I would've liked to know what happened to him and why he chose to masquerade as Mordio.

NPC

Status
    Rupees
    20 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I've wanted to play this forever, so I hope we do get an English remaster! I remember playing the Japanese demo a lot on PS3, and considering using the fan translation for a while, but iirc it required specific firmware ><.

It would be cruel of Namco to announce it as Japan only, when they know people have been asking for the localised enhanced version for years.
    ~ ZZZ... ~