Yeah! Yeah!:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)

Pokémon Direct

A Nintendo Direct was just announced for tomorrow at 6 AM Pacfic Time, which is 9 AM Eastern Time. It is extremely likely that Generation VIII will be announced tomorrow, but I suppose the real question is how much of it are we actually going to see. When Gen VII was announced, we got an admittedly awesome trailer full of nostalgia, but all we really got out of it was the titles of the upcoming games. At only 7 minutes long, it's doubtful that anything we get out of this Direct will be substantial, but if anything I hope we will at least get a glimpse of what the upcoming games will offer. As much as I'm not a fan of Gen VI, if the information we get is similar to how that was announced, I'll be happy.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

Paladin

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,075 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    If we do get a look at any new Pokémon, it'll probably be just the starters. Not sure if they are ready to reveal the Legendaries of this gen.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    When Gen VI was announced, we got a look at the starters as well as the cover Legendaries. We didn't know Yveltal and Xerneas' names until later, but the cover Legendaries are typically among the first Pokémon revealed.

If we do get a look at Gen VIII, it'll be interesting to see what the inspiration for the region. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh were based no various regions of Japan. Unova was based on New York. Kalos was based on France. And Alola was based on Hawaii. I'm hearing rumors that the upcoming games will have a region based on China, but it's just a rumor. Here's hoping that whatever it's based on that it'll be well-paced and designed.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    As long as we get actual gamepl in any capacity, I’ll be content.

Paladin

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,075 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    I'm not a real big fan of the Pokémon franchise, but I'll be watching this with interest. Pokémon Gen VIII is the biggest release for Nintendo's 2019, and I'm curious how this series will be transitioned to a home console for the first time.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    So here's an interesting rumor, and it might just be real. Starting on February 20, the Pokemon Company have been introducing each region from previous entries starting with Kanto. Today, they introduced Alola, which was the region of the previous Generation. Rumors suggest that the upcoming games will allow players to visit each of the regions from the previous games in addition to the region for the upcoming game. Honestly, I think introducing all of the regions each day is meant to build up to Pokemon Day, which is tomorrow and when they'll likely announce the new games, but considering a game where players could effectively explore every region in a Pokemon game has been something fans have wanted for quite some it honestly wouldn't be too surprising. I'd rather it be saved for a set of games that are released to coincide with the series anniversary like Sun and Moon were, but I suppose anytime is good time.

Paladin

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,075 (62,430 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    So this Direct was all about the new games, officially title Pokémon Sword and Shield. We got a glimpse of the new region called Galar, and the starters as well. The Grass type is called Grookey, Scorbunny is the Fire type, and the Water Pokémon is Sobble. The graphics are looking pretty crisp as well.

Sage

Status
    Rupees
    2,461 (0 Banked)
    It definitely looks nice, although it does sound like they're going back to the Gym formula of previous games instead of trying something new like Sun and Moon did. I typically pick the Grass starter, but Scorbunny looks cool. The Galar regions definitely looks like it took inspiration from Europe. While I honestly wanted to see more, we got an actual look at the game instead of just a title so I'm happy. I really wish The Pokemon Company would consider doing Directs that were longer than a few minutes though.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,357 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    We saw actual gameplay this time around, so I’m content. Though it’s not quite the graphical upgrade I was expecting.

WEBMASTER
    MVH Enterprise

Status
    Trophies
    Rupees
    1,000,000,000,857 (9,999,999,999 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & ShadowColoured Post StyleShadow UsernameGlowing UsernameShadow UsertitleGlowing UsertitleTheft Immunity
    Users Country Flag
    I'm predicting no pro controller support and no cloud save support. I hope to be wrong on both.

The environment looks nice. I'm not so much a fan of the male avatar character but hopefully there's adequate customisation. The music I heard sounds a bit "back to roots" which is good.