Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I must be crazy...

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,273 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Are even going to play the game even once?

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,387 (0 Banked)
    Unlikely.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,273 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    That’s fair. The game did so poorly that Nintendo added the one good game to come from it, Island escape, to new leaf with the welcome amiibo update.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,387 (0 Banked)
    There are two reasons why I find myself playing it unlikely.

The first reason is that from what I've read fans of Animal Crossing are going to get the most out of it. I haven't played the series yet and it likely won't be until the Switch came releasing this year before I will due to several upcoming titles coming in the first half, such as Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Kingdom Hearts III, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, Yoshi's Crafted World, Lethal League Blaze, and The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince.

The second reason is that it's a party game, which is best enjoyed with friends. The only ones I'd have to enjoy the game with are my two brothers, who live on the other side of the country. Both play Final Fantasy XIV, were interested in Super Smash Bros Ultimate the last I spoke to them, the older plays Fortnite and the younger alternates between Borderlands and Free-to-Play mobile games, namely Fallout Shelter and Fire Emblem Heroes. Getting those two to sit down to play Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival over the likes of Super Smash Bros Ultimate or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a tall order.

Now, I am considering getting the amiibo of the remaining "pieces" for the game, namely Tom Nook, Mable, and Lottie, and I might sometime down the line play it to see why everyone despises it, but in the near future it's not likely.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,273 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Know what's kind of sad? I was actually kind of looking forward to the game when Nintendo announced it at E3 2015. After the rather divisive mario party 9 and 10, I was looking for something to fill that multiplayer board game void, and amiibo festival might have been it. Then reviews started coming in.