Yeah! Yeah!:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon: Marked for Death

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,185 (0 Banked)

Dragon: Marked for Death

When I first heard about this game earlier this year, it caught my attention due to it reminding me of Mega Man Zero. There's good reason for that as the developer is INTI CREATES, who is not only responsible for the Mega Man Zero and ZX series, but also Azure Striker Gunvolt and numerous retro-style games like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Although I was intrigued, I wasn't particularly interested...until a recent trailer revealed more about it. I initially believed it to simply be a four-player side-scrolling action game in the vein of Mega Man, but it was recently revealed to also have RPG elements complete with leveling up, stat allocation, and equipment. Combined with multiplayer (online compatible) and four unique playable characters, I'm actually far more interested.

Now, as interested as I am, there is a very bizarre choice when it comes to releasing the game. Best way to describe it? It's like Fire Emblem Fates. What I mean by that is that the game is being released digitally as two separate versions: the Frontline Fighters that comprises the Empress and the Warrior, and the Advanced Attackers that comprises the Shinobi and the Witch. Essentially, you buy one version and have the option of getting the other as a DLC expansion. It hasn't been stated if buying 1 version allows the other to be bought at a reduced price, or maybe it has and I haven't heard anything about it. There is a physical release coming, but it's being released later than the digital release on January 31 with no set release date.

Obviously, I'm going to keep a close eye on this game and hopefully INTI CREATES will provide more details about this model in the future. The digital release for either version is $14.99. The main reason I made this Topic is raise awareness of the game and a part of me is hoping that if it does wind up being fun that someone here would be willing go co-op with me. Still, the model is unnecessary.
    Last edited by SuperUmberto; 12-22-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Thread Starter

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,067 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I agree that releasing the game in two separate versions, with each basically being easy mode or hard mode, seems unnecessary. At least we won’t need to spend $60 to get the “full” story like FE fates.
    Last edited by Bubbachuck; 01-11-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,185 (0 Banked)
    If you count Revelations, which has the canon ending to the game, Fire Emblem Fates will set you back $80. Combined with the poor translation, that's the main reason I can't recommend it even though gameplay-wise it's my favorite of the 3DS games.

This isn't anywhere near as bad, as even if both versions are full-priced that's merely $30. However, I learned recently that it wasn't until about a month ago that INTI CREATES announced it was being released as two separate versions, which is actually getting a couple of people calling it a bit scummy. I should also mention the game was actually supposed to be released last year, but it got pushed back and was supposed to be released on December 13 in North America. However, it got pushed back again to January 31, which was the release date of the Japanese release. According to INTI CREATES, it was to close the gap between the digital and physical releases, but we don't have a date for the physical release yet. If this is the case and I'm not waiting that long, then I might wait and just get the physical release. That'll give me more time with Kingdome Hearts III. If it releases around the same time as Fire Emblem: Three Houses though, then it's on the backburner for a bit.

Moving On Up

Status
    Rupees
    112 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    Hi, SuperUmberto! I know about the game and I have it on my radar. I'm planning on getting it physical, tho.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,185 (0 Banked)
    The two versions of the game are available for pre-purchase. I might just get one of the two through that and might get the other later. I just need to consider which version I'd rather play. The two I'm the most interested in playing are the Empress and the Shinobi.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,067 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    I’m definitely interested in the game, though the 2 version release digitally is a bit off putting. At least I can buy only one and still get the full story.

Paladin

Status
    Rupees
    2,185 (0 Banked)
    It's been confirmed that both versions are handled like Fates: buy one version digitally and get the other as DLC. It has not been confirmed if the other pack is cheaper as DLC like it is in Fates, but like you said you don't need access to both to get the full story. I think I'll go with Advanced Attackers first and get Frontline Fighters as DLC. The Shinobi is the class I'm most interested in playing and the Witch looks cool as well. The digital release is only 488 MB, so I'm not terribly concerned with going physical with it.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,067 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    Haven’t quite decided which version I’ll get yet.

Moving On Up

Status
    Rupees
    112 (0 Banked)
    Users Country Flag
    It'll be the harder version of the two, for me. I may consider buying it digitally, but we'll see.

The One

Status
    Rupees
    501,067 (302 Banked)
    Items Post Glow & Shadow
    Users Country Flag
    We now have a release date for the physical version: February 26th.