Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back to vB5!

Registrations are open!

Anyone who was already registered on this site should just be able to get straight back in at this new URL. This and vB4 each have their own cookies and so logging out here will not log you out on the other software, and visa versa.

A handy link to the vB4 forums is provided in the navbar (next to "Forums") and there's also a link back to these forums over on the navbar there.

Journal home initially looks empty at the time of this post. There's nothing wrong, it's just default for it to show entries "this month". Set it to "all time" and you'll see everything is still present and correct.

If you're having login trouble it's probably because we're running 2 message boards and I adjusted the cookie path to avoid cookie clashes. Simply "clear your cookies" from your browser and you should be able to login again. (If trouble persists check "Regarding login trouble" below.)
    vBulletin 5 has not only been restored but also upgraded to the latest 5.4.3. I'm not going to list all the changes but you can see the vB update announcements here:

5.4.1 - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-now-available
    The login/authorization system has been reworked to allow third-party logins beyond Facebook, such as Twitter. I have not currently enabled third-party logins though so you can disregard this.

5.4.2 - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-now-available
    Google has been added to the list of third-party login providers. Again I've not currently enabled third-party logins so disregard.

5.4.3 - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-now-available
    This pretty much introduced the "EU compliance" so the system will ask you to verify use of cookies etc one time when you try to login. I don't actually need to use this feature so could disable it, but I thought it'd be nice peace of mind for you.
    Apologies to anyone who received a mass system e-mail twice! I knew better than to do it at 4:30am but I wanted to account for slow e-mail sending. Additionally the vB5 links in the e-mail are wrong, they should not have "www.", check the "Regarding login trouble" section below regarding that.

Enjoy the restored board!
    Regarding login trouble:Clicking on either the MV Haven logo in the top-left, the "Forums" link in the navbar or the 'vB5 Forums" link on the website homepage should direct you correctly.
    Don't know something? Check the FAQ & Announcements first!
    The SEARCH & EDIT functions are your friends!
    YouTube | GameFAQs
    <<<——— King: Gaming since 1982 ———>>>

My boy, this peace is what all true warriors strive for.
    It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this!
    It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart.
    You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?
    You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

This is really awesome, thank you so much! If enough people start joining, will you keep the site running?
    Ridiculously, Crazy Goose.

Comment

There is nothing I have to say about that that can't be deciphered by scrutinising my previous statements.
      YouTube | GameFAQs

It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by King-X View Post
        There is nothing I have to say about that that can't be deciphered by scrutinising my previous statements.
        Okay, thank you.

I might be able to get someone on here soon that I know.

Comment

This place is so nostalgic, I really changed in the past year.

Comment

Hence the avatar changes I suppose.
            YouTube | GameFAQs

Comment

Nah, I've always had a problem with keeping it the same for too long

Comment

Originally posted by FlareBlitz View Post
                Nah, I've always had a problem with keeping it the same for too long
                I shaved my gooses hair off. I leave mine the same for a long time too, but this is off topic.
                I'm hoping this place gets more users soon, this is really sweet.

Comment

The following info added to the first post:

Regarding login trouble:Clicking on either the MV Haven logo in the top-left, the "Forums" link in the navbar or the 'vB5 Forums" link on the website homepage should direct you correctly.

An announcement has been posted in Registration Problem Reports mentioning this. If login problems persist in spite of covering the above checks and trying with a different device/browser as possible, create a fault report in that forum.

---

Update:

Post counts will no longer be added on the vB4 forums. vB5 post counts were added to vB4 accounts before because that was a replacement board. Now the situation has changed the two communities will be treated separately. Yes this means that people already on vB4 have the advantage of a boosted post count but I consider that their bonus for staying with the community through that period.

Users are also reminded that there is a 12 hour minimum limit imposed on double-posting in 1 thread (unless you're adding material particularly worthy of it). This is not a concern on vB4 as we have auto-measures in place so people may have forgotten about that.
                  YouTube | GameFAQs

Comment

Forums are now upgraded to vB 5.4.4. I don't have much to say about it in terms of user changes so I'll just link to the announcement (most of which is administrative information): https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-now-available
                    YouTube | GameFAQs

Comment

Working...
                    X